Skip to main content

Minneapolis Catholic School Shooting: 2 Children Dead, 17 Injured as US Universities Face Active Shooter Hoaxes

 Minneapolis, August 27, 2025 – A tragic mass shooting at Annunciation Catholic School in Minneapolis has left two children dead and at least 17 others injured, most of them students. The devastating incident occurred during a school Mass marking the first week of classes, shaking the community and reigniting nationwide concerns over school safety and gun violence in America.


What Happened at Annunciation Catholic School?


Authorities say the gunman, a man in his early 20s dressed in black, opened fire from outside the church during Mass.


Victims: An 8-year-old and a 10-year-old were killed.


Injuries: At least 17 people wounded, including 14 children as young as 6. Two remain in critical condition.


Shooter: The suspect died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was armed with a rifle, shotgun, and pistol. His motive remains under investigation.



Police Chief Brian O’Hara described the shooting as “a deliberate act of violence against innocent children and people worshiping… absolutely incomprehensible.”


Eyewitness Accounts


Neighbor Pat Scallen, who lives near the school, rushed to help after hearing gunfire.


> “About three of the kids came out, two of them were badly hurt… They needed someone and were in distress. I stayed with them until help arrived,” he told reporters.




Meanwhile, Zuheir Safe, whose 8-year-old granddaughter was injured, said outside Children’s Minnesota Hospital:


> “It’s very sad. People should not have guns. When I see her, I just want to hug her.”




City Leaders and Lawmakers React


Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey rejected the idea of offering only “thoughts and prayers”:


> “These kids were literally praying. They should be able to go to school or church in peace without fear of violence.”




Minnesota lawmakers, including Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Sen. Tina Smith, and Rep. Ilhan Omar, expressed heartbreak and frustration, calling for urgent action against gun violence.


Children Fighting for Their Lives


Doctors at Hennepin Healthcare confirmed that nine of the hospitalized victims are children aged 6 to 14. Some remain in critical condition, highlighting the devastating toll on young students and families.


Active Shooter Hoaxes on US Campuses Add to Fear


The Minneapolis tragedy comes as universities across the United States face a wave of false active shooter reports.


Last week, Villanova University (Pennsylvania) and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga went into lockdown after false reports of gunmen with assault rifles.


Students hid in classrooms and dorms, frantically messaging loved ones, while police cleared the scenes.


On Monday, six universities received active shooter threats. All turned out to be hoaxes.



Experts warn these swatting calls are spreading nationwide. Research shows 731 false school shooter calls were made in 2023, while the 2022–2023 school year saw 446 fake reports of active shooters, according to the Educator’s School Safety Network.


Conclusion


The Annunciation Catholic School shooting in Minneapolis has left families grieving and a community shattered. With children as young as six fighting for their lives, and fake shooter threats terrorizing universities across the country, America faces a dual crisis of real violence and false alarms.


As calls grow louder for stronger school safety measures and gun control, parents, educators, and lawmakers alike demand urgent action to protect children from becoming the next victims.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Federal Court Rules Trump Tariffs Illegal Under Federal Law

 A federal appeals court has ruled that former President Donald Trump’s tariffs exceeded presidential authority under U.S. law, striking down the measures as unlawful. In a 7-4 decision, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit affirmed a lower court’s finding that the tariffs imposed through executive orders violated the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA). The court stated: > “We affirm the CIT’s holding that the Trafficking and Reciprocal Tariffs imposed by the Challenged Executive Orders exceed the authority delegated to the President by IEEPA’s text. We also affirm the CIT’s grant of declaratory relief that the orders are invalid as contrary to law.” Although ruled illegal, the appeals court allowed the tariffs to remain in place until October 14, giving the Trump administration time to appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court. Trump Responds on Truth Social Former President Trump reacted strongly to the ruling, insisting that tariffs are still in ...